Monday, January 11, 2010

My Foray into SAHMomminess

I never intended to be a SAHM.  I'm not even sure if you would consider me a SAHM.  I mean, I do work at Wal-Mart four nights a week and I sub at least once a week.  However, the majority of my time is spent at home.  Last week I did nothing.  I didn't sub, I didn't work at Wal-Mart, I didn't clean the house, I didn't wash clothes, I did nothing. 

I think to be a SAHM you need self motivation.  I don't have self motivation.  I need someone telling me you need to do this and this is how it should be done.  Then when it's over I need them to say "Way to go!" "Great Job!"  or "What were you thinking?"  Someday (hopefully soon) I'll have my own classroom, and I know I will have to have self motivation.  But, I will also have State Standards, the Board of Education, a principal, and many others telling me what I will be teaching.

But for now, I need to work on this SAHMomminess business.  I need to become self motivated.  I need to clean, to wash clothes, to organize rooms and make meal  plans.  And maybe I'll tell my self "Way to go!"  "Great Job!" and I'm sure more times then not "What were you thinking?" 


If you don't know me, you're thinking wow she's got a handle on this.  She knows what needs to be done and she's going to do it!  If you do know me, you're probably thinking I'll believe it when I see it.  Quite frankly, I'm going with the latter.  But who knows, maybe I will surprise you, maybe I will surprise me!





1 comment:

  1. i am in a yahoo group, there are only about 10 women. we motivate each other. we also send in our goals each day and then what we got done, it really does help

    ReplyDelete